Friday 22 May 2015

A Humongous Thank You!

Recently I have participated in The Monthly Stitch's Secret Santa Pattern Swap. Not only have I been surprised once, but now twice and I just want to say the biggest THANK YOU ever :-D

First of all on Monday after a most awful day I was surprised with my pattern being delivered. Now living in a tenement flat you play roulette with the entry system and occasionally you can wait two or three days longer for your mail. However the postman must have been let in as this was lying in wait when I got in :-D


This was a pattern that I have been angling after for the longest time! I have seen so many nice versions and couldn't wait to try it myself :-D.

I was in John Lewis the friday before mail day and picked up this gorgeous fabric in the sale with the thought of - 'well after I know how the swap turns out I can buy the Mortmain....' It is quite heavy however not upholstery weight so will hold the pleats well - I hope!

Slightly off white heavy cotton print fabric
Then again on Wednesday after my check-up appointment at the diabetic clinic I was surprised again!

I returned home to find a lovely gift and card from my swap partner



Two more new-to-me patterns plus a zip for the mortmain which perfectly matches my fabric!

Thank you swap partner these patterns are very much to my liking and can't wait to get stitching :-D

I hope you have a super weekend all: I'm off on holiday on Tuesday: we're going to Ireland and Northern Ireland for a week. Cannot wait! Included in this trip is a festival in Ballyshannon in tribute to the late guitarist Rory Gallagher, and a one night concert by a rock group The Bronx. We saw this band when they played in Glasgow under the guise of Mariachi el Bronx.I'm also hopeful to see the giants' causeway.

Take care and enjoy the long weekend!

JCS xx

2 comments:

I love reading your comments. Please feel free to drop me a wee message :-)