I thought i would post this up this afternoon seing as sewing indie month was drawing to a close. This was the first time I had used a PDF pattern and to be honest it wasn't as bad as i was expecting! (bar the fact my table is faaar to small to construct the pattern on!!) although i still prefer having a paper pattern as they store so nicely!
I cut a size 10 and graded out to a size 12 on the waist on reflection i didn't need to cut the 12 as there was so much of the skirt I had to cut out. I removed about 3/4 of an inch (evenly over the centre front) and then another 1 1/4" from the centre back pieces. You can kind of see in the pic below that i still need to fix that little runkle in the back still. When I do that i think i'll also fix that back seam - I get the sneaking suspicion the tension wasn't set right
|Runkle in the back skirt|
The main changes made when constructing sugar plum were to omit the pockets and the zip - there was no need to put it in as the dress fit fine without it and I could easily get it on and off without the zip. and in saying that I don't even need to undo the buttons..... The pockets were also omitted because I didn't want to worry about lumps and bumps due to a forgotten tissue!
The fabric I used for this was cotton lawn for the top - leftover from a previous project (which ended up as a fail :-( ) and a ponte knit for the skirt. Both of which were purchased from Minerva Crafts in two separate shopping trips.
|Strange instagrammed light effects!|
and another picture of me lurking in the close. There was seriously no better place to take these pictures and my on call cameraman wasn't being all that compliant...
Have a good weekend guys - i'm off to the David Livingstone Centre :-)