Tuesday 9 June 2015

Some sad news and some holiday snaps

Hello world!

It has been a while.

It has been a little hard to work out where to start this post and in truth I binned the last two MMMay posts because I didn't have the heart to complete them and now its a bit past the event...

We were on holiday in Ireland the other week - from the 23rd May for a rock/blues festival in tribute to Rory Gallagher, the late blues guitarist. My grandmother sadly and somewhat unexpectedly died while we were away :-(. Unbeknown to me she had taken a turn for the worst the day before we went and my parents didn't want to ruin our holiday by letting us know. She finally passed on the morning that we returned. Her funeral was Monday and we gave her the warm send off that she deserved. To add to our shitty day someone broke into our car when we returned from a few drinks to commiserate. There wasn't even anything in the car worth stealing and he dropped the £2 cash we had there for our shopping trolleys. pfffffttttttt.

But for us the world keeps on turning and that means returning to the new norm. we did indeed have a great holiday and the festival was amazing. I stuck to my pledge and managed to wear at least one me made every day - however only managed to photo a few days. the set up of the festival was something which really appealed - small pub gigs throughout the town and a number of larger open air gigs in a giant marquee and a couple of pop up stages in the town. If you're interested the festival page can be found here.

so heres a few holiday snaps and the last few days of me made may.





I hope to have normal service resumed later this month. I have a few items made up that I'm excited to share.

Jenn

14 comments:

  1. Ach Jenny, das tut mir leid, dass Deine Oma gestorben ist.
    Es war tapfer von Deinen Eltern, dass sie Euch den Urlaub in Irland noch gegönnt haben.
    Ich wünsche Dir alles Gute.
    Liebe Grüße
    Käthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathe. I think it was good of them to do that as there was nothing that we could have done. We shall continue to remember her how she was :-)

      Delete
  2. My sincere condolences to you and your family! Take your time in getting back to normal! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. first day back at work today and have a trip out for lunch planned :-)

      Delete
  3. How horrible for you - sending happy thoughts. Looking forward to seeing what your displacement activity has produced. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :-). it really has been a tough few days :-( xx

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that Jennifer :-/
    Losing a family member is never easy. I hope you take all the time you need to grieve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. It's been tough but we will pull through :-)

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear about your grandmother Jennifer! Thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. This week has been utter chaos! :-)

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear about grams Jenn, it's never easy when a loved one passes away. Your in our prayers from across the pond.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Please feel free to drop me a wee message :-)