A second pair of Chataigne shorts from Deer and Doe.
The fabric I used was a black pinstripe woven concoction I bought at Christmas in Remnant Kings - im not entirely sure what type fabic it was but it loved to frey! - I used it for a waistcoat and had about 1.5 m left. There were a few fit alterations I made to these ones from my last pair and I think they turned out well. the first change from the last time was that i graded out a size for the waist, this fabric is less partial to stretching with heat and so unlike the wool version I need the extra room that the larger size provided. I also graded in the legs - i may have a larger waist but my legs don't seem to need the same room. In fact the legs can probibly be brought in a little bit further.
The invisible zipper decided it was going to play on this garment so I was happy with that (although I did sew one side back to font DOH!) haha.
|Woo! Waistband lines up :-D|
I also slipstitched the waistband into place - not quite my neatest work but not bad either!
|Squinty interfaced waistband|
The waistband is interfaced to within an inch of its life - I know it's probably not PC (I'm not caring!!) but i used all my scraps of black interfacing left from my Burda Waistcoat and made a patchwork effort on the inside. I do have a minor gripe that after a few tries to line up the point of the front waistband, it still doesn't *quite* match up - the fabric was a bit of a pain to work with so I can live with that! I'm definitely going to make these up for a third time - maybe in linen for casual summer wearing. this is probably/definitely my favourite pattern that I have made up :-).
I have a presentation of my work on Wednesday and I think these will make the perfect office attire! (with tights definately no bare legs!!)
Oh and have a look at how light it was outside at 4 am on the solstice the other night it was so pretty :-)
|Looking east towards the park|
|Looking north west towards the park and town|
Have a good week folks