So before any more is said - lets address the rather large elephant in the room - this jacket is flowery as hell!
I really wanted to make this jacket in a herringbone tweed but there were two problems with this
1) Having never made sleeves or a jacket before I wanted to try the pattern out before I cut into £20/m Harris tweed
2) I couldn't find the colour that I wanted and at that price I wasnt going to settle for second best!
So off to the sale shop and the cheapest fabric I could find was £2/m in this awesome flowery print so I decided that if i did like the finished article it wouldn't be a waste of material and my time. I think it paid off because the shape is awesome and the resulting coat is quite summery.
I had never attempted sleeves before and were they a pain to put in or what??? I'm sure there must be an easier way than the 'hope for the best' method I used however there's only a little visible tuck on the outside and as the pattern is so busy then its not really noticeable!
I thought it looked ok across the shoulders too. Another small irk was the bottom hem - I wanted to test public opinion of it so i just did a quick double fold hem. It will do for now.
The light was better in this room so I tried to get a better picture. I think this picture also shows the shape off better. Also note lack of confused expression!! haha
So now onto a new project - I think ill leave the tweed coat for now maybe move on to my Doe and Deer shorts. My local fabric shop had an epic sale on so I got some black wool for only £5/m